Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Eating avocado can help you maintain good mental and psychological well-being. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) The health and well-being of your brain can be improved by eating lots of green leafy vegetables and hemp oil. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) Improving the health of your stomach will help improve the condition of your brain to deal with anxiety and stress. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.